skip to main content

Tools for suppliers

Shareholder administration

Update your personal details

Whenever you wish to update details on your shareholding you must provide the following to Computershare Investor Services (Pty) Ltd:

Your full name and address;
Your shareholder reference number which can be found at the top right hand corner of your Shareholding Statement;
A certified true copy of your identity document; and
A copy of a services bill or bank statement, bearing your name and current address, dated within the preceding 3 months.
A copy of any SARS issued document that reflects your tax number.
The provision of these documents is for your own security. Every instruction you give to Computershare must be signed.

Where the shares are registered in the name of a minor (a person under the age of 21 Years) instructions must be signed by the Parent or Guardian, who assisted in the original purchase of the shares, stating the capacity in which he/she is signing and providing the above documents together with a certified copy of the birth certificate of the minor and, if in the case of a legal guardian, a certified copy of the Letters of Guardianship.

  • Changing your address
    Please ensure that your address on the documents sent to you by Computershare is correct. If you have changed your address or when you change your address, obtain the necessary form from Computershare, complete it and send it to Computershare Investor Services with the documentation as mentioned in paragraph 1 above. In terms of South African Exchange Control requirements, we may not record a change of address into or out of the Common Monetary Area (which includes Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland and South Africa) without the prior approval of a commercial bank in South Africa.
  • Providing banking details
    If you wish to change or supply banking details for electronic payment of dividends and/or share sales proceeds, obtain the necessary mandate form from Computershare Investor Services and provide the required information and documentation. You must also arrange for your bank to stamp your form confirming the name and details of your bank account. Banking details in the name of a third party will not be accepted. You should be aware that a deposit into your nominated account shall constitute a full and sufficient discharge of the company and Computershare's obligations to make such payments to you and neither the company nor Computershare shall be responsible in any way for any loss which you may suffer as a result of transfers/deposits being made in accordance with the information provided with regard to banking details. In the event that we are unable to transfer the funds due to you electronically, these amounts will be retained as "unclaimed" and must be claimed within three years.
  • Changing your name
    If you need to change your name on the share register (e.g. as a result of marriage or divorce), in addition to the standard information and documentation as mentioned in paragraph 1 above, you should provide Computershare with a certified true copy of your marriage certificate or other relevant legal document.

Dematerialisation of Shares (STRATE)

Shareholders are again requested to note that, as a result of clearing and settlement of trades through the STRATE system, the Company's share certificates are no longer good for delivery for trading. Shareholders who currently retain their share certificates and who may wish to deal on the JSE are advised to contact Computershare Investor Services (Pty) Ltd or their professional adviser regarding the options available to enable them to do so through the STRATE system.

Dematerialisation of the Company's share certificates is now a prerequisite when dealing in its shares.

Computershare Investor Services (Pty) Ltd
70 Marshall Street
Johannesburg 2001
PO Box 61051
Marshalltown 2107
Telephone: +27 11 370 5000
Facsmile: +27 11 688 5221

Real Mining. Real People. Real Difference.